Tuesday, May 25, 2010

1 Week Left

Wow.

I only have ONE week left in Tullamore and TWO weeks left in Ireland! I can't believe it! As my time here comes to a close, I keep thinking about home and how exciting it'll be to fly back and give my family and friends big hugs. Then I thought, "why am I counting down the days to home instead of looking back on the days here?" God has taught me so much and I have so much to be thankful for. I feel like I'm coming home a different person [that's not a bad thing, though!] I've been in my Bible here more than I think I have ever been, and it's very uplifting. I've learned a lot about God, my purpose in life, the Bible, etc. Besides the spiritual and mental growth I've experienced, I have also learned practical life lessons. I've learned how to live with three other [and very different!] people. I've started good habits like eating healthily and exercising. I've learned how to budget and shop. I've learned a lot of different game, activity, and craft ideas for future children ministries. I am taking all of that and so much more away when I fly out next Saturday.

During our last week in Tullamore, we're wrapping up our weekly ministry and also partying! =D We're spending time with friends at BBQs this entire weekend to say goodbye, especially Sunday after service where we will say our official "goodbye" to all of the friends we have made here.

On Monday we're back at Lacken House and hope to take a team trip on Tuesday to Northern Ireland. During the rest of the week we'll be debriefing on our time here, giving presentations about the entire year, and hanging out with each other before leaving. I'm looking forward to the time at Lacken House and know that it will be hard to say goodbye to the families there because they were the first to help us adjust to Ireland. :)

Please pray for the entire Immersion Team as our time comes to a close!

Blessings,
Leanne

2 comments:

  1. Hey Leanne, It has been so encouraging to read about your journey and pray for you this past year. Enjoy the time left and we look forward to having you states-side! Love, Cherie Balsam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there to give you that "big hug" I'm proud of you and I love you! - Dad

    ReplyDelete