Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Less than 90 hours!

In less than 90 hours, I step onto a plane that will fly me to a country I have never been to! I'm thrilled! Many people ask me if I'm ready, and I can honestly say "yes!" I have all of my clothes, accessories, and appliances ready to go! My most recent statement from SCORE said I only had $2,720 more to collect. I only need $720 of that before Sunday. YES! Sunday! I know that God will provide, though!

As the day to leave is coming up, I've been getting a lot of emails from the other girls in the group and I have a feeling we're all going to get along well. I've already met two of the girls and Saturday night, it seems that all five girls will be able to meet over dinner! I'm looking forward to getting to know new people and experience new things! Once I'm over there, I'll be able to tell you more specifically what exactly we're doing. But, for now, I know that the first, I believe six, weeks are devoted to our study time. Part of the GAP program is a learning-abroad Bible credit. I'll also be taking courses in Gaelic! This will all be done at the Lacken House, outside of Dublin in the country. After that, I believe our field work begins!

I'm looking forward to filling you all in with more detail in the coming weeks!

God Bless,
Leanne

2 comments:

  1. How exciting, Leanne! Thanks for the updates and just know that you will be in my prayers. Please do stay in touch, OK? I would love to learn about the program and hear that you are well and happy. :-)

    Lotsa love,

    Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne! I will be praying for you, and our whole Sunday School class will be praying for you and following you this year. We are so excited to see what God has in store for you this coming year.

    love you,

    Mrs. Julia

    ReplyDelete