Monday, August 31, 2009

Our arrival

This is the first time I have been able to sit down at my blog since Saturday night. On Sunday morning, I woke up and got ready for the 9:30 service where my GAP Immersion team was to be commissioned by Dr. Johnny Hunt. After the service had completed, my team met at the world impact center to change and load luggage, and the families drove to lunch for one last meal together before we left. After lunch the team went to the airport. We boarded our plane at 4:00, and with delay, landed in New York, and boarded our Dublin flight at 7:30. From there, we flew to Ireland and arrived 8:00 am Dublin time this morning. The time now is 10:00. This means the team has been up for about 32 hours. Please excuse this blog of any spelling or grammar, for I'm very tired AND lost my glasses on a flight so the screen is blurry. But! In light of all this: I'm having a FANTASTIC time! Ireland really is a beautiful country and it REALLY is extremely green!

When we arrived at the Lacken House, we had a tour of the grounds and were impressed with the work OM is doing all over Ireland, not just with the GAP year but many other ministry events as well that our team will be able to help with. Today we unpacked and rested. I am rooming with two girls from the states: Ashlyn Chambers from Georgia and Whitney Ratcliff from Louisiana. We're having a blast and have met so many wonderful, kind, and God-honoring people here. Tomorrow, we will have our orientation and then get acquainted with the local town while doing some much needed shopping. (We realized how high the voltage is here, when I almost blew my hair dryer up while turning it on LOW and another girl fried her straightener after turning it on for four seconds) So, we decided to spend some money on appliances that are accustomed to Ireland's electricity.

Pictures are coming soon! If you're friends with me on facebook, they should be uploaded by tonight!

Blessings,
Leanne [and the Immersion team]

1 comment:

  1. Wow Leanne, I am so excited for you. Know that I am praying for you and will remember you often.
    Love,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete