Saturday, August 29, 2009

One day more...

What a terrific weekend I've had- and am going to have! Yesterday was my going away party and so many people were able to come! I am blessed to have so many friends that my home doesn't have enough room for them! It's neat to see how God used each person to impact my life in different ways. Whether it was from speech and debate, our local theater, school, or church - all of those people have helped me at some time in my life and I am thankful for that. Now, it's my turn to help the people of Ireland! Tomorrow, 3 other girls and myself will fly out at 3:30 from Atlanta. We fly to New York and then to Dublin, where we will arrive around 8:00am Monday, Ireland's time. I'm looking forward to the flights because I've always been a fan of overseas trips.

There's one neat thing I'd like to share with you before I end this note and go pack! As you know, I had to raise $6,000.00 before the trip. Well, I was only $520 dollars away from that goal yesterday. Last night, many of my friends brought me gifts! I was overwhelmed by their generosity. After counting the donations, I found that I had been given exactly $522.20. God does bless those who are faithful to Him - even at the last second!

So, here I go to start a new adventure in Ireland! I'll be updating this as frequently as I can while I am away!

Blessings,
Leanne

No comments:

Post a Comment